The grapes are crushed and pressed, fermented in oak barrels, and then aged on the lees for six months before being released. The same method is used when making most of our red wines. Grapes are crushed and then fermented in small open containers. They are picked when the grapes are ripe and have a desirable flavor. We applied the wine over the skin cap twice a day to extract as much color and flavor from the skins as possible.
Winery wine is transferred from the barrel cellar to a larger vessel (barriques and hogsheads) after it has finished fermenting for approximately six months and spending that time maturing. We are using tried-and-true methods here. We bottle the Cockscomb before the vintage year comes to an end.
Specifications of ‘Cockscomb’ Cabernet Sauvignon 2018
- Grapes: Cabernet Sauvignon
- Wine Style: Australian Cabernet Sauvignon
- Tasting Notes First organic vineyards in this region almost ten years ago, and today we have them perfectly balanced. We’ve got form! The outcome is a gorgeous varietal Cabernet with a lovely refreshing taste (red and black fruits) and a wonderful lengthy, persistent finish.
- Region: Australian Cabernet Sauvignon
- Country: Australia
- Pairing Food: Beef, lamb, Poultry